Sometimes you just need a little sweet fix. You can have your sweets and still move toward your goals. I love taking things and making them a little healthier so that I can indulge without guilt. Today, I made some Snickerdoodle protein popcorn and it was GLORIOUS!
It’s super simple and the beauty of it is that you can make alterations based on personal preference or your current macronutrient allotment. If, say, you need to have less fat, then you can omit either the pumpkin seeds or the pecans or both! If you want to have more protein, you can do that too.
How to make it:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 4 oz white chocolate
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 bags Jolly Time 100 calorie popcorn
- 1.5 scoops PE Science Snickerdoodle Protein
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Toast pecans until golden brown and chop into small pieces.
- Turn off oven. Toast pumpkin seeds for 2-3 minutes or until the edges brown slightly.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in 20 second increments until smooth.
- Pop both bags of popcorn.
- Place popcorn in an airtight container. Drizzle with white chocolate and add protein powder. Shake to combine.
- Add pecans and pumpkin seeds.
- Try to share with friends!! Serves 6.
Macronutrient Breakdown per 1/6 of recipe: